Friday, March 24, 2006

I wish they all could be california girls

So being at home has been so great. I've had absolutely nothing to do except eat and veg out. But it hasn't been all fun and games. I did my taxes (I got a return this year!), paperwork for school, more travel planning and lots of dishes. My mother was definitely glad to have me home, especially since our dishwasher broke down. Well, I gotta earn my keep somehow, right? But really, this break was exactly what I needed. I spent a lot of time catching up with friends (and even helping one move in!) and its so great to see and talk to the people I love and have truly missed the last few months.

But I also got to visit places that I love and haven't been to in awhile. Last week, my parents and I went to Santa Cruz for lunch and it was wonderful. Its been an unusually wet March in the Bay Area but luckily, it was sunny and warm when we went to Santa Cruz. We had a great seafood lunch and watched some surfers catch waves. Santa Cruz is definitely one of gems of NorCal.

Sunny but a little windy! Behind us is the Boardwalk.

Dad, me and Mom in front of the lighthouse. Santa Cruz is both hippy and picturesque.

Well, I have a week or so left so I need to veg more and really take advantage of this time! I have to say, taking time off during my vacation has been so great. It gives me time to change around clothes, clean my gear, and recharge. Traveling is hard! Also, since I'm going to grad school next year, I have lots of things to take care of so I can actually be ready to go. I know, I'm supposed to let go and travel but I'm not that person. I worry too much and I'm way to anal to just disconnect from the real world entirely. Well, I only have 4 months left so I better enjoy it! But until then, back to Gilmore Girls!

No comments: