Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Photo update!

After 5 hours of toiling in front on multiple computers, my pictures are finally up! So go back and check through the last 3 entries for updates. I knew I shouldn't have put it off for so long!

Life is good in Buenos Aires. Its actually a little boring but I like that. Its giving me plenty of time to surf the web, sit around in cafes, read my book and get all my "real world" errands done. I still have a lot of traveling planning to do and paperwork to take care of for school so this break in traveling has been good. It also takes the pressure off of all the stuff I have to do in the mere 2 weeks I'm at home! For all of you back in the Bay Area, I'll be home on March 16th and will be leaving again on the 30th. I've only been gone for about 2 months but I am already counting the days! My mom's cooking is definitely calling me home.

Its also been nice to catch up with friends I still have in Buenos Aires. 1 month really isn't a lot of time but I'm hoping to spend as much time as I can, hanging out and going places with friends. One of the things I definitely want to do is take a weekend trip to Mendoza, which is the one area of Argentina I really want to visit. I've also been shopping like a mad person. I think its a bit of backlash against all the ugly functional travel clothes I have plus the style and beauty of porteƱos (people who live in BA). The prices here don't hurt either! I start working tomorrow and classes next week so I really should enjoy this idle life!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Thanks for the photos! love the salt flats! and the pueblos and the architecture remind me of guat a little. have fun with the kids, but stay away from the pink eye. you are so lucky to go back. what i would give to go back to my kids... enjoy your month!!! Can't wait to get a fashion show. this is jane sporting the latest pants (oh - i want evidence of the fashion that is the pants! picture of an argentinian wearing one please!) by the way, i do wear them all the time :)